Human

Mila thinks, “I must ask Doctor Beck, I must ask Sandy, am I human enough?”  What does she mean?  Why does she want to be human enough?  What does she want to do when she is human enough?  What will make her human enough?  Does she become human enough?

6 thoughts on “Human

1. I think she means that Mila just wants to blend in. Almost the whole time she wants to be like other humans like Justin. Mila wants to do things and be with other people. When she said “I must ask Doctor Beck, I must ask Sandy, am I human enough,” on page 147 just the way she said it you can tell that she wants to be human enough. Mila just never completely blended in with everybody else so she decided to stay with the dolphins on page 182.

• When Mila said “I must ask Doctor Beck, I must ask Sandy, am I human enough,” She did not want to blend in, Mila wanted to be human she could go back to the sea not because she wanted to blend in.

2. Mila means that is she completely human or close to being completely human. She wants to be human enough so that she can go back to the sea. She told herself in the book that she wants to go back to the sea when she’s human enough. To make her human enough she will have to listen to all of the doctors and everyone who’s trying to help her. She becomes human enough and we know that because in the end of the book she ends up owing back to the sea.

3. Mila wants to become human so she can go back to the sea. I don’t think she pictures herself being released into the human world. By the middle of the book, she wants to become human enough so she can go back to her family. Contradicting your belief, Olivia, I think she did not become human enough. She began regressing and the only reason she went back to the sea is because Sandy protested that Mila needed to go back to the sea because she was refusing to eat.

4. When Mila says; “I must ask Doctor Beck, I must ask Sandy, am I human enough?” she means has she blended in with the rest of them and has she learned enough. I think Mila is asking this because she thinks once she is human enough she will go back to the ocean. I think that Mila starts to become human, but then towards the end she starts regressing when she realizes that she is probably not going back to the ocean.